Thursday, February 21, 2008

THE SEARCH FOR MBGN 2008

Silverbird's Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria

The search for Silverbird's Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 2008 is on and for the first time there will be a screening in London. Folks in the London area who are interetsed in participating in the pageant have the opportunity to audition on March 1st at the Holiday Inn Express in Stratford on 196 High Street, London. The final screening will hold on March 5th 2008 at Eko Hotel and Suites. There are 5 crowns up for grabs. MBGN World, MBGN Universe, MBGN Ecowas, MBGN Tourism and MBGN Model. This year, the total prize money has been increased to 5 Million Naira, a brand new car and one contestant gets the opportunity to be the face of La Casera, as Miss Lacasera 20o8 with a salary of One million Naira for the year. Participants must be Nigerian Citizens (parentage) between the ages of 18 and 25, have at least a high school degree and 5ft 7in and above in height. The pageant is scheduled to hold on March 28th 2008


*********************

PS: Part of my new year resolution this year was to visit at least four countries in Africa that I have never been to. Fortunately it's happening sooner and it's free too. Lol. I am off to Congo Brazzaville with MBGN 2007 for the Ms Congo Pageant. I have no clue what to expect and it is not funny that I cannot find my french dictionary. Anyways I'll let you know how it goes

10 comments:

Unknown said...

enjoy ur trip...

Orekelewa said...

Please take loads of pictures, so I can have something to do in my spare time...lol

O.A.Eddy said...

ohh, I am jealous of your trip. Well have a great time

John Bull said...

It seems that the 'enlightened' media in Nigeria is now focused on entertainment. I'm not knocking the approach because I'm sure it's more profitable than reporting hard news. I will admit that I don't know what Silverbird TV stands for in terms of information(news, entertainment, sports?). But your 'about me' section mentions that you're an aspiring news reporter/CNN Int'l correspondent. Do you think your current Silverbird assignments are leading you to those goals?
Some of the Silverbird reporting you've highlighted seems to focus on the entertainment piece, Miss World, MBGN etc
The same goes for Thisday, who seems to be hosting an award show or a concert every six months.
The enlightened and most profitable media seems to be more focused now on entertainment than vital information gathering and dissemination.
I'm thinking about relocating too and have received multiple offers but if I do relocate, how does one remain focused and not easily get caught up on all the unneccessary hype?
Looking back, has your experience been well worth it?

Adaure Achumba said...

I'm back already from my very short trip. My bad french came in handy though

@John Bull -- I would be lying if I said I don't battle with that same question everyday. Well all I can say is time will tell. It is what it is though. Silverbird is an entertainment channel and I am being paid to do a job, regardless of what it is (fluff or hard news) I am managing to balance both the best way I can. If you've read some of my other post you'll see some of that.

Are my assignments getting me closer to my goals....on surface it seems like I'm heading in a totally opposite direction and the fear of being taken seriously looms heavily everytime I get one of 'those assignments/interviews' but life has a funny way of presenting you with it's package. The opportunity to travel the world (or have fun on the job) but only for entertainment events (like pageants...did i hear a yuck) It's a catch 22 and i guess i am paying for turning my nose up on fluff stuff.

Has my experience been worth while....I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD...well except for another job that gets me closer to my goals. Silverbird is a platform and a stepping stone, a bridge across an ocean, it's the NOW that puts me in and prepares me for a better place and I am grateful for every opportunity working with Silverbird has presented and will present to me.

Ozymandias said...

emm..when will the most hottest guy in Nigeria(MHGN) be...me self wan drive car...lol..hope your trip was fun!!

NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

Addy, u will be a good candidate for the MBGN contest; go for it and goodluck!

Uzo said...

So how did it go?

I cant believe i just found out i won the tickets for the PSquare gig....Ish....

Damola said...

This pageant is going to be a hit.
I had the opportunity to see some of the pictures of the London auditions from one of my friends who is an admin of the competition.

Damola
www.unotechmedia.com

HairGospel said...

What is up with the "bad weaves" our beautiful Nigerian actresses are wearing? Can you advise me on how to help?

With the explosion of braids, weaves, hair extensions and dreadlocks, so many women are secretly suffering from improper removal of these hair styles. Hair thinning, balding, and hair loss has become an epidemic.

TAKE DOWN® products offers seminars to educate on how to add hair attachments to natural hair- maintain and then remove the hair attachments-leaving healthy hair. The company also offers a complete line of products to suit each individual’s hair type and texture.

For more information on seminars please contact- Africa (234)-0802-338-3042. / USA (206)350-7971.
www.takedownproducts.com
Email: info@takedownproducts.com


Our mission is to maintain and preserve your God given beauty
Save your hair today!!!