Friday, December 19, 2008

CRUNCHED AND CRUMBLED CHRISTMAS

2ND YEAR IN NIGERIA

The time of the year to take stock has come again and I am still in Nigeria. By this time 2006 when I was packing all my baggage and leaving America, I was sure I would be doing the opposite this year. This especially with the prospects of having a black president. Not that that would have changed too much of anything. Oh well I am still here and that in itself is giving me sleepless nights added to the fact that the stock options acquired for the year 2008 weren't as impressive as I'd hoped. Literally and metaphorically speaking. Anyway, one of these days I will pause and give you a summary of my 2 years in Nigeria. We might just visit subjects I rarely talk about. Who knows. That aside, the euphoria of Christmas has been crunched and crumbled down thanks to bad 'stock' market, that I hardly recognize where I am. I don't know what it looks like where you are. These days I am jaded about everything and completely clueless as to where this 'transition' is going to land me. So I have a new mantra and that's letting life happen. As 2009 heads in, I'm just gonna let life happen and stop trying to be so calculated. Sometimes you just need to allow the square peg own the round hole and that's just what I am gonna be doing. So here's to square pegs in round holes. All the best everyone as we usher in a new year. Thanks for sticking around for as long as you have to read up on my exploits. Do come back in 09.

8 comments:

LL said...

Saw you on Saturday at a wedding and thought I was looking at Rihana. I think i spent the rest of the night staring!

Adaure Achumba said...

shame... u missed an opportunity to make a new celebrity look alike friend. lol. come up next time and say hello. i don't bite. happy holidays

Unknown said...

Saw you on silverbird tv and you are attractive but abrasive. Lets hope 2009 brings out your feminine side. You are a very pretty and funny girl.

damilola said...

halo, one question pls, i know u're somewhat Nigerian, bt are you in some way American too?
you come across as charming, cool tv personality too, but was wondering if it's ok to know the regular you,off air.
well, to comment on your post, i think if you open your mind to accepting the best parts, you'll soon find that the poor features, will be far gone; you can call it selective memory, but it works.
have a good year.

Ms. Catwalq said...

We can always say that it could have been so much worse...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hope all is well. Happy new year and keep your head up!

Olówó said...

*humming* It is well. Don't worry too much, 2009 go better...Obama is the new sheriff in town.

t said...

sista mi,
saw you on TV as anchor. Awesome. And are you a producer too? hope that means moneh.
My dad likes you too, says you interviewed him.
Sorry things didn't look so rosy for this year standing at the end of the last, but I'm sure by now you've changed your mind about '09.
Hate to sound all zen o, let go, you know? It's all going beautifully. You're talented, you're in Naija, you're making a difference and could be waaay bigger even. So keep being real and blowing your fone jo.

Hey, hope we get to meet sometime.