Saturday, July 22, 2006

RANDOM MUSING OF A CHICK ON SHRINK WATCH

Weekend With Me, Myself and My Mop

I've decide to spare ya'll of any more wedding stuff so if you want to see any of the new webbies you may have to go through the comment section. Anyways this post is a collection of some random moments in weekend.

Addy Discovers the Oven.
So I have lived in this house for six months now and only just discovered the oven, how to use it and also how to bake. My oven adventures in the past have been limited to some attempts at BBQ chicken, steak, potatoes and cake (naija days). I am told those turned out ok. Other mishaps have included baking my water-logged jollof rice and beans. But this time around, I really out did myself o. I went and bought some frozen fish fillet and boneless chicken breast. Long-throat was making me feel like buying shrimp but I had to think about the swollen eyes I would have to deal with for two days if I did. So I seasoned the fish and chopped some onions and tomato and broccoli, wrapped it in foil and and threw it into the oven. Daaaannnggg!!!! I can't wait to serve this to 'Mr. Right' when he shows up. This is about to be my signature.

Addy Plays Molly Maid
So I decided to stay home today and try to do some cleaning. Planne on washing my car today but someone stole the garden hose so I have to go and dash Mobil $7 for a 'haphazz' machine wash that leave streaks and spots. But good choice because it was 115 degrees outside today. In the mean time I cleaned my room and arranged my closet. The closet is still under construction so I shall continue that on Sunday. I also have a suitcase that I threw in all my mail and junk that need to be sorted out and also did laundry. As I was sorting my closet, I realize how 'stuck-on-brown' I have become. Not just in clothes but most especially in shoes. I have 12 pairs of brown shoes and yesterday I bought another. I think this is the psychological effect from wearing and earnesly searching for 'Brown sandals and shoes' while going to school in Nigeria. Funny thing is that when I see a pair of nice brown shoes I always go 'Damn wish I was back in ISL'. Lol.. ya'll know waht I am talking about. You know how it is on the first day back from August break especially, everybody is always checking out the new shoes. For a long time I swore that I would never buy another pair of brown shoes but now I just can't seem to put them down. That's another thing I need to discuss with my shrink when we meet about the other issue, the website stalking.

Addy Rethinks her Wedding Plan
I know I said I would stay off teh wedidng topic but I had an epiphany today that I just have to write about. For the past... oh say....may be 4 years, I have had my wedding plan down. Lately I have had the luxury to throw in a few things as I wait for God to throw in the 'groom', his friends and family into the mix. But as I admiring some other wedding pictures and aso-ebi colors, it hit me like a lightening bolt that my plan had been so totally messed up. Like OMG. So my plan was built with an EX in mind and without his consultation or knowledge (I guess now he knows). This is all me creating plans just because and not to mention without the question not to talk of ring. Very typically Adaure. Anyways the plan was to have the brides side in Duke Blue and Carolina Blue (him and me) and the grooms side in Yellow and Green (Berkeley and ISL). Do ya'll feel my drift here, the color choices held some sentimental value so you now see where the problem comes in and how the color scheme will now be messed up. And imagine if 'Mr Right' shows up saying his favorite color is something crazy, like 'orange' or some Crayoloa mess. God forbid he went to NC State and decides he wants 'Red'. I mean really, what the HECK is that. Horrible combinations those will make. The bridal train has to stay Carolina Blue (I'll do away with the sentimental Navy blue sash and indigo-dyed white roses) or Turquoise at least otherwise I am going to just go to a freaking registry. What's worse than a potential Bridezilla finding out her wedding plan is not going to go as planned. I guess I'll work in the kinks when 'Mr. Right' shows up. I just hope he at least likes Purple. I can throw that in with Green and I'll just stick with my shades of blue because combining any other color other than navy will be just wack. My shrink will have a field time with my file and shrinking my bank acocunt too.

Addy Get of You Tube and Phone Home
I have been having an 'E.T' moment and missing home badly. So I am about to get on the phone to call my family, just waiting for them to wake up and start getting ready for church before I call. Meanwhile as everybody else is blogging on the You Tube level me sef wan blog my own o. I have been comforting myself with some Nigerian music videos via the infamous You Tube as I tend to end up doing on Saturdays and Sundays when I am home alone and have no book or bible chapter to read. That site is DA BOMB!! As in I won't lie about the fact that sometimes I have nothing better to do, even though I try to act it. But there's some good stuff on that site. I have watched several documentaries and short films and seen stuff from Iraq and the current wahala in Isreal and Lebanon. That stuff is BETTER THAN MTV. Thinking about it, I should upload some of my stuf ftoo..hmh.. I sit on that one. Anyways I am sure ya'll have seen Lagbaja's video 'Never Far Away.' Isn't that song, and the video, just TOO BAD. I mean Lagbaja never disappoints, but he over did and out did himself in this one. I wish we'ld see more Nigerian videos like this. Speaking of seeing, I understand that when asked when he will reveal his face, he said 'When the average Nigerian can afford food.' Now is that not a very power-filled statement. I know he said he aint no Fela but man does that sound like something Fela would say. Visit his website at http://www.lagbaja.com (yeee the u-tube thingy finally worked... i can be so retarded some times).



Also found this really funny video... at least it was funny to me, dunno bout you


Yeah Yeah... i know... I really need to get out of Santa Maria more often before I go OFFICIALLY CRAZY!!!!! Oh well may be a trip to LA will do the trick. Speaking of which check out the new issue of www.nigerianentertainment.com. There's a bunch of interesting artists profiled and interviewed in this 'Hip-Hop' issue like Sauce Kid and Wale Oyejide. I was like Omo I am very green and uninformed when it comes to certain aspects of Nigerian entertainment. Much of which had to do with my anti-hip-hop-machine-taking-over-drums phase. Now I guess I have heard so much of it that I am like 'Oh well If you can't beat them might as well join them'. However I do pick and choose and some of the stuff coming out is actually good stuff. But while you are one the website, abeg branch look my article on Oris Ehruero from the HBO movie on Rwanda 'Sometimes in April' and make sure you leave a note in the comment section. That's all for now. I never baff today and night don come so make I go baff before my B.O will kill all my roommates. PEACE!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Addy,nice,engaging and informative blog you've got here.Here's another wedding website bukolaandtubosun.com .Do you have more? Cheers

Adaure said...

Looks like it's your lucky day... i've got two.....

http://www.olaitanandtoyin.com/
http://www.nikeandkola.com/bride.aspx

Anonymous said...

ADUARE....MAY GOD BLESS YOU A THOUSAND TIME WITH A GOOD MAN(SAY AMEN!!!)
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, YOU ARE THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO THESE WEDDING SITES.
THANKS....YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!
ANONYMOUS CHIK...

Anonymous said...

I just decided to take a break from my house work and ofcourse i came to check you out...and you did not dissapoint...this lagbaja video is TOO MUCH...the arrangement is perfect, the blend of the drums and the other 'oyinbo' instruments is amazing..... I heard he is coming to DC on August 4th/5th...now I have to see him. Thanks girl....

PSB said...

Anyone watching Miss Universe? Our Tinepre Oki is representing us..She didn't even make the Top 20!;(
Hopefully she can stay in LA and pursue a modelling career!

Anonymous said...

I was just watching the Miss Universe. I tot she was pretty. I cannot understand how USA made the top 20 and our Naija Belle did not.

Oh well it is time to watch something else.

Adaure said...

I thot I missed it.. it is just about to start. Did any black contestants make it t top 10 ?

Adaure said...

Just saw the run down by continent... of the 50 countries in Africa only 9 countries entered a contestant.... what's that about

Adaure said...

URGH... NIGERIA'S NATIONAL COSTUME IN THE OPENING WAS KINDA BLAH... What d'yah think?

Tutsy said...

lol....lol Didn't u just say ur wedding website stalking days where behind you?....lol..yeah right....don't worry, one day u will kick ur addiction

Thanks for the Lagbaja video, it was hooooooooooot!!!

Anonymous said...

runescape money
runescape gold
runescape money
runescape gold
wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
Warcraft Power Leveling
Warcraft PowerLeveling
buy runescape gold
buy runescape money
runescape items
runescape gold
runescape money
runescape accounts
runescape gp
dofus kamas
buy dofus kamas
Guild Wars Gold
buy Guild Wars Gold
lotro gold
buy lotro gold
lotro gold
buy lotro gold
lotro gold
buy lotro gold
runescape money
runescape power leveling
runescape money
runescape gold
dofus kamas
cheap runescape money
cheap runescape gold
Hellgate Palladium
Hellgate London Palladium
Hellgate money
Tabula Rasa gold
tabula rasa money
lotro gold
buy lotro gold
Tabula Rasa Credit
Tabula Rasa Credits
Hellgate gold
Hellgate London gold
dofus kamas
buy dofus kamas
wow power leveling
wow powerleveling
Warcraft PowerLeveling
Warcraft Power Leveling
World of Warcraft PowerLeveling
World of Warcraft Power Leveling
runescape power leveling
runescape powerleveling

eve isk
eve online isk
eve isk
eve online isk
血管瘤
肝血管瘤
音乐剧
北京富码电视
富码电视
富码电视台
7天酒店
7天连锁酒店
7天连锁
自清洗过滤器
过滤器
压力开关
压力传感器
流量开关
流量计
液位计
液位开关
温湿度记录仪
风速仪
可燃气体检测仪

SEO said...

液压升降机,苏州升降机,苏州升降机厂,苏州升降机有限公司,施工升降机,丝杆升降机,液压升降平台,电动升降平台,天津升降平台,液压升降平台车,升降平台车,沈阳升降平台,天津登车桥,液压登车桥,移动式登车桥,移动登车桥,移动式液压登车桥,固定式液压登车桥,超市货架,北京货架,南京货架,货架公司,货架厂,广州货架,塑料托盘价格,山东塑料托盘,求购塑料托盘,北京塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘 ,宁波塑料托盘,折叠式仓储笼,天津仓储笼,苏州仓储笼,南京仓储笼。南京货架,南京货架厂,南京货架公司|上海货架,上海货架厂,上海货架公司|无锡货架,无锡货架厂,无锡货架公司|苏州货架,苏州货架厂,苏州货架公司|北京货架,北京货架厂,北京货架公司|货架公司,北京货架公司,宁波货架公司|广州货架,广州货架厂,广州货架公司|服装货架,服装货架设计,广州服装货架|超市货架,北京超市货架,上海超市货架|仓储货架,北京仓储货架,上海仓储货架|托盘货架,重型托盘货架,托盘货架公司|货架厂,广州货架厂,北京货架厂|仓库货架,北京仓库货架,上海仓库货架|深圳货架,深圳货架厂,深圳货架公司|重型货架,次重型货架,成都重型货架|精品货架,北京精品货架,广州精品货架|天津货架,天津货架厂,天津货架公司|角钢货架,角钢货架厂,万能角钢货架|沈阳货架,沈阳仓储货架,沈阳货架公司|青岛货架,青岛货架公司,青岛仓储货架|轻型货架,北京轻型货架,角钢轻型货架|山东货架,山东货架厂,山东货架公司|杭州货架,杭州货架厂,杭州货架公司|中型货架,上海中型货架,广州中型货架|济南货架,济南货架厂,济南货架公司|郑州货架,郑州货架厂,郑州货架公司|展示货架,上海展示货架,产品展示货架|库房货架,货架厂,北京库房货架|武汉货架,武汉货架厂,武汉货架公司|河南货架,河南货架厂,河南货架公司|货架设计,仓库货架设计,货架设计公司|不锈钢货架,深圳不锈钢货架,上海不锈钢货架|阁楼货架,阁楼式货架,阁楼货架公司|移动货架,电动移动货架,北京移动货架|物流货架,上海物流货架,仓储物流货架|佛山货架,佛山货架厂,佛山货架公司|定做货架,杭州定做货架,天津定做货架|江门货架,贯通式货架,防静电货架|宁波货架,宁波货架厂,宁波货架公司|石家庄货架,石家庄货架厂,石家庄货架公司|重庆货架,重庆货架厂,重庆货架公司|河北货架,河北货架厂,河北货架公司|哈尔滨货架,哈尔滨货架厂,哈尔滨货架公司|悬臂货架,悬臂式货架|图书货架,广东图书货架,深圳图书货架|浙江货架,浙江货架厂,浙江货架公司|货架制作,北京货架制作,上海货架制作|西安货架,西安货架厂,西安货架公司|木托盘,上海木托盘,天津木托盘|北京塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘,宁波塑料托盘|上海塑料托盘,广东塑料托盘,青岛塑料托盘|武汉塑料托盘,山东塑料托盘,南京塑料托盘|钢制料箱,折叠式料箱,网格式料箱|上海仓储笼,南京仓储笼,天津仓储笼|仓储笼图片,折叠仓储笼,折叠式仓储笼|北京仓储笼,广州仓储笼,宁波仓储笼|货架|托盘|料箱|仓储笼|手推车|登高车|置物架|垃圾桶