Wednesday, November 07, 2007

INSPIRATION FOR TOMORROW



As the night clouds move in and the stars climb into the sky, I cozy up to my toilet sit. No, I am not doing number two as I type. It’s just that of all the ‘sitting objects’ available this one’s the most comfortable. While on my plastic covered porcelain ‘loveseat’, Mahalia Jackson is blaring away in my CD player, ‘Nobody knows the troubles I see.’ The old negro gospel tune allows for some reflection and I try to soak in the day that’s just been added to my life. Some choose to say it’s been taken away but I always try to look on the brighter side of things. Now don’t get me wrong, there are many days I wish would never come to an end, but today was certainly not one of those days. Neither was yesterday or the day before. Saturday seemed to be on the plus side of things, but even that was not a satisfactory Saturday because I have had better Saturdays. Saturdays with blueberry buttermilk pancakes dripping with warm maple syrup from Aunt Jemima. Saturdays filled with the harsh fragrance of a mixture of Pinesol and 409. Those good old Saturdays, when one would have thought I was Mrs. Clean. My 99-cent-scrubbing-brush from Dollar General caressing the bathroom tiles and bath-tub. Let’s not forget the lazy Saturdays when I just sat by the poolside and tanned, now all I have to do is sit in traffic and I am browner than a brownie. Then there were those Saturdays that were forgotten because someone had a toxic combination of certain beverages on Friday night. Now those Saturdays I can do without but blame it on how Friday went. But that’s all in the past, Saturday is so three days ago because right now it’s the middle of the week and I am plotting for the next day. I am thinking about how to squeeze the lemons God will toss to me. Not just to get lemonade but to grow a lemon tree so that God will have more lemons to toss to others. I am thinking about how I’ll make my journey down a crooked path less bumpy and paving it as I go so those following might have a better go. I am thinking of how to turn some of the Vultures along my path into doves and feed the others their own carcass. I am thinking about those seemingly altruistic acts that are not supposed to be in my favor, and how I’ll turn the tables around. Today is so yesterday and tomorrow will be a new day to tackle, with its challenges and misfortunes, victories and spoils. Tomorrow will definitely be a better day than today. Tomorrows ‘good-mornings’ will be sweeter and brighter than today’s. Tomorrows ‘good bye’ will usher in anticipation for ‘see you laters’. Like Bella said, “Be Inspired!” (Peace in the House of Reps as opposed to the Middle East or Niger Delta…lol)

26 comments:

ty said...

You are THE writer!

Anonymous said...

That's what a return trip to Naija from Yankeeland will do to you.

Zena said...

lol, peace in the house of reps, you're probably tired of hearing this, but man u rock when it comes to writting.

Uzo said...

First off - Mahalia Jackson. This is serious music for grown folks...So my hat doffs to you for even knowing who she is let alone listening to her.

This post is a departure from your regular posts. Dont get me wrong - i thoroughly enjoy the travel, wedding and gist style posts but this one - soul stirring stuff

Well done

Anonymous said...

nice one

Icy said...

That was such a nice read.. chic.. you got all poetic on us :) Nice.. brush your sholders off, focus on you, do right and let God do the rest. Leave the haters cuz frankly they remind us that there is a God ;)

truth said...

nice....

MissO said...

Icy you hit the nail at the right spot..........

Tayo said...

LOL

deka said...

nice one....

ikezi said...

"Today is so yesterday"

I love it.

Not enough people are forward focused these days. They talk the talk, but don't really have faith in fate.

Here's to tomorrow's lemon trees...

-ikezi

Anonymous said...

just saw you on tv, your fonee is on point o, I wonder if that is how I sound to nigerians. Keep up the good work, every now and then I post here, but you are truly inspiring, the way you work towards your dream. God Bless

Anonymous said...

Adaure, you are embarrassing me on SilverBird. How long have you lived in the US that you cannot pronounce Nigerian names and you can address people with respect. I have lost so much respect for you. Apart from this, you are often so ill prepared that you appear to be the air head of the group. Please stop disgracing returnees

Anonymous said...

WHich kin fonee is on point? I lived there in USA 4 25 years and she sounds forced. Even my cousins born in US can say their names. Adaure does not even pronounce her name properly - how daft is that. The other day she addressed a 70 year old man by his name, what nonsense is that? Learn to mix up the good things about US and that of Nigeria. BTW, you do not look comfortable presenting so you need to get more training. You can take the advise or play to the fonee gallery

909 said...

lol, now that you all mention it, I always did think adaure's fonee was a bit forced and unnatural, but I think you guys could have told her in a more constructive manner instead of condemning her outrightly. Adaure, it's all bad belle. Don't mind them.

pamelastitch said...

Adaure,
I hope you are okay...

Pammy :-(

Anonymous said...

I wish you well. No matter what you do in life, there will always be naysayers. I have never seen you or heard you talk, but I think you are one down to earth sister.
Chin up!!You are definitely going places.

Anonymous said...

if ur not blowing fone, u will be razz - choose one! u can't please everyone Addy........

Anonymous said...

Please do not listen to people do what u do best and leave the rest to God...so what if the phonee is forced how does that affect anyone

by the way this post was very inspiratiobal..all the best

NIGERIA POLITRICKS said...

Addy, you dey yarn phoneee and your haters dey yarn "dust"...na your fault say you sabi yarn phonee? at least u no use their mouth take yarn d phonee, abi?
while they are shooting off bazookas of hatred & envy, you are "brushing your shoulders off" and stepping up the ladder of success. now that's wuz up!
let dem keep hating'...just keep doing you!

Simi Speaks said...

why all the hate?

Adaure, DO YOU! Am a big fan of us.

naijacutie said...

Adaure, abeg dust them off jo...No body can stop your shine. Nobody is perfect and we keep improving everyday...Anyone who thinks its easy to do what you do is very welcome to go apply at STV abi?
BTW nice post....its been a minute we saw this poetic side of you. Keep up d gud work...

Anonymous said...

Adaure, I may have been a bit harsh but I got pissed cos I had expected so much more from you.How dare u let that Ireti run circles around you?It is in my interest that you succeed because a whole lotta of stuff in Nigeria will depend on the good things returnees can bring back home.Do not listen to some of these folks that will only praise you. If you were on ABC or NBC station, you know the critic will even be harder. You must learn about Nigeria and revel in it.Nigerians are already brainwashed by all things US, please do not help them. All that dure chumba will not work. Keep your fonee as natural as you can and pronounce correctly. BIGGIE IS WATCHING YOU WHICH MEANS YOU ARE DESTINED FOR GREATER THINGS.. IF ONLY YOU CAN HEAR...

夕草 said...

北京心理咨询专业从事数据恢复领域的产品开发与技术服务
自主研发RAID数据恢复
服务器数据恢复分析程序
为您提供心理咨询
心理辅导与心理治疗等服务
帮助您走出困惑和危机
享有心身健康的高品质生活。
通常说的加密狗的破解大致可以分为三种方法,
一种是通过硬件克隆或者复制
一种是通过SoftICE等Debug工具调试跟踪解密
一种是通过编写拦截程序修改软件
加密锁之间的通讯。
来提供高、中、低压锅炉无缝管、
合金无缝管
无缝钢管
钢管
化肥专用钢管
,流体无缝管、结构无缝管、石油裂化无缝钢管、
地质钢管、液压支柱钢管等论文发表资讯刊物信息,协助客户制定论文发表方案.
Hi Best wishes。bjseek by数据恢复
loves xicao xicao lovesby bjseek数据恢复
娱乐博客
娱乐博客相册
google排名google排名
google排名台州网络公司台州网站建设
google左侧排名
google左侧排名
google排名

google排名
google排名
台州网站建设
网站推广
网站优化
google优化
网站优化
搜索引擎优化
网站优化
搜索引擎优化
百度优化
SEO
The best of luck Best wishes Best regards .by bjseek

SEO said...

南京麦瑞货架专业生产液压升降机,万能角钢货架,苏州塑料托盘,北京塑料托盘,南京塑料托盘,天津仓储笼,折叠式仓储笼,大连仓储笼,塑料垃圾桶

SEO said...

液压升降机,苏州升降机,苏州升降机厂,苏州升降机有限公司,施工升降机,丝杆升降机,液压升降平台,电动升降平台,天津升降平台,液压升降平台车,升降平台车,沈阳升降平台,天津登车桥,液压登车桥,移动式登车桥,移动登车桥,移动式液压登车桥,固定式液压登车桥,超市货架,北京货架,南京货架,货架公司,货架厂,广州货架,塑料托盘价格,山东塑料托盘,求购塑料托盘,北京塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘 ,宁波塑料托盘,折叠式仓储笼,天津仓储笼,苏州仓储笼,南京仓储笼。南京货架,南京货架厂,南京货架公司|上海货架,上海货架厂,上海货架公司|无锡货架,无锡货架厂,无锡货架公司|苏州货架,苏州货架厂,苏州货架公司|北京货架,北京货架厂,北京货架公司|货架公司,北京货架公司,宁波货架公司|广州货架,广州货架厂,广州货架公司|服装货架,服装货架设计,广州服装货架|超市货架,北京超市货架,上海超市货架|仓储货架,北京仓储货架,上海仓储货架|托盘货架,重型托盘货架,托盘货架公司|货架厂,广州货架厂,北京货架厂|仓库货架,北京仓库货架,上海仓库货架|深圳货架,深圳货架厂,深圳货架公司|重型货架,次重型货架,成都重型货架|精品货架,北京精品货架,广州精品货架|天津货架,天津货架厂,天津货架公司|角钢货架,角钢货架厂,万能角钢货架|沈阳货架,沈阳仓储货架,沈阳货架公司|青岛货架,青岛货架公司,青岛仓储货架|轻型货架,北京轻型货架,角钢轻型货架|山东货架,山东货架厂,山东货架公司|杭州货架,杭州货架厂,杭州货架公司|中型货架,上海中型货架,广州中型货架|济南货架,济南货架厂,济南货架公司|郑州货架,郑州货架厂,郑州货架公司|展示货架,上海展示货架,产品展示货架|库房货架,货架厂,北京库房货架|武汉货架,武汉货架厂,武汉货架公司|河南货架,河南货架厂,河南货架公司|货架设计,仓库货架设计,货架设计公司|不锈钢货架,深圳不锈钢货架,上海不锈钢货架|阁楼货架,阁楼式货架,阁楼货架公司|移动货架,电动移动货架,北京移动货架|物流货架,上海物流货架,仓储物流货架|佛山货架,佛山货架厂,佛山货架公司|定做货架,杭州定做货架,天津定做货架|江门货架,贯通式货架,防静电货架|宁波货架,宁波货架厂,宁波货架公司|石家庄货架,石家庄货架厂,石家庄货架公司|重庆货架,重庆货架厂,重庆货架公司|河北货架,河北货架厂,河北货架公司|哈尔滨货架,哈尔滨货架厂,哈尔滨货架公司|悬臂货架,悬臂式货架|图书货架,广东图书货架,深圳图书货架|浙江货架,浙江货架厂,浙江货架公司|货架制作,北京货架制作,上海货架制作|西安货架,西安货架厂,西安货架公司|木托盘,上海木托盘,天津木托盘|北京塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘,宁波塑料托盘|上海塑料托盘,广东塑料托盘,青岛塑料托盘|武汉塑料托盘,山东塑料托盘,南京塑料托盘|钢制料箱,折叠式料箱,网格式料箱|上海仓储笼,南京仓储笼,天津仓储笼|仓储笼图片,折叠仓储笼,折叠式仓储笼|北京仓储笼,广州仓储笼,宁波仓储笼|货架|托盘|料箱|仓储笼|手推车|登高车|置物架|垃圾桶