Monday, February 06, 2006

CHIHUAHUA IN PINK TIMBERLANDS

LA is my kinda town....Just FABULOUS

Finally, my search is over. I found America. The America that I dreamt about. The America that I saw in the movies. The America in Pretty Woman. The America in Beverly Hills 90210. The America that is read about in Sweet Valley's. The America that Dee and Claire lived in Clueless. I saw the sign for Melrose Place and Beverly Hills. As in you don't need to have been there ever to have a dejavu moment. Driving me down Sunset was the biggest mistake ever. It's like putting sugar on my lips and asking me not to lick. All the fabulousness was too overwhelming, even dogs were fabulous. This one chihuahua was deck from head to toe. As in I understand clothes and all, but doggie timberlands? Pink for that matter. C'mon now, I know ya'll have money and time but it's not that serious.

Anyways a friend took me out to dinner at some 'shishipua' (making up words) French restaurant on Sunset. Hmh... My people... That was HOLYWOOD O. I doubt that food digested properly because I was jut staring at people. They looked like they just stepped out of a movie or a magazine. Then we drove around a bit to see the town. Come and see house....What I you call 'ULO'... 'ILE'...that is ehn. I had to bring out the bush girl in me to appreciate all of that. You know how your new house girl from the village behaves when she sees a TV set for the first time. Think Nkemji on Checkmate. As in the konk igbo accent came out sharp sharp. Then talk about this one house that had Vipers of different colors in their front-yard. Then all the cars that were just flashing by. I have never seen so many Mercedes on one block in my entire life. UGBO!!!
I have not even started on all the nice shops with fabulous clothes that cost more than my paycheck. As in I have never been so jealous of a mannequin. Yes it was that serious... I wanted to hold them hostage and obtain their baffs (clothes). Now I know for sure that I have to find some friends to hang out with in LA, hopefully all that enjoyment when it comes will be on someone else tab (winking code lingo to the ladies...you know everything). This Nne is on a budget, saving for a Mercedes Benz, a mansion in Beverly Hills and Lagos. Shooooo....Once in a while you just have to live in fantasy land and dream a little more than normal. Like we gotsa step up the game right about...shall we say yesterday. Well God dey... in Ibo land we say 'Onye Kwe Chi y'ekwe' which when broken down in the language of the colonial masters means 'when one agrees/decrees, God will also follow in agreement'. So I am claiming all of the above, I don't know about ya'll.

Meanwhile, my telephone buddy still has no idea I am on to him, at least not to my knowledge. He repeated the same fib that I had uncovered. I just chuckled and was like 'ehen', like I didn't know anything. At this point I don't even know if it is worth the trouble of confronting and asking questions like Inspector Gadget. Biko, who has time for that. Last time I pulled that stunt I got so angry I exerted all my energy in my dramatics and ended up in bed for a day or two. Not worth it at all. It's not like the truth will come out then.

Anyways my weekend was interesting and out of the norm. Drove to LA and back. On Sunday I got invited to a Superbowl get together. I then ended up playing 'Catch'. Yes my people 'Catch'. Imagine the sight, Adaure catching a fast approaching football, nails and all. At least this was with a football not a Frisbee. But don't sleep on my football skills O. I was throwing that ball better than a QB. It just brought back memories of throwing Javelin and Discus at sportscenter back in my ISL days. Speaking of which I stumbled on some pictures on some one's Hi-5 page. A picture from 1997 of KC boys basketball team. It was absolutely hilarious, and to think that back then we were swooning over these boys (many of whom were cute) when they all showed up to a match all wearing Chicago-Bulls jerseys....Kai memories that last a life time...LOL.. Wish I could post the picture but that'll be fapping.

5 comments:

Nneka's World said...

Hmm Ada,
You seem like you are having a fantabulous time there!
Hmm save some for us.
So telephone man still dey call, Haha, some men dont have a clue as you so rightly put it continue with your "i am so naive" behaviour and watch him dig his hole deeper for himself.

JJ said...

interesting take on Cali life... sounds like you are having a blast!

uknaija said...

I know what you mean about LA and the real America that we used to see in films back home in Naija. i utterly felt it the first time I was in Beverly Hills...

Yetty said...

hahahah u no go kill perosn I swear uhad me rolling. Havne't been on in a minute.. Glad u're starting to love ur state lol! rwak on per KC bois looking cute Imagine.. how hot eeryone thots therye were kaiya lol! Keep doing it mami!

SEO said...

液压升降机,苏州升降机,苏州升降机厂,苏州升降机有限公司,施工升降机,丝杆升降机,液压升降平台,电动升降平台,天津升降平台,液压升降平台车,升降平台车,沈阳升降平台,天津登车桥,液压登车桥,移动式登车桥,移动登车桥,移动式液压登车桥,固定式液压登车桥,超市货架,北京货架,南京货架,货架公司,货架厂,广州货架,塑料托盘价格,山东塑料托盘,求购塑料托盘,北京塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘 ,宁波塑料托盘,折叠式仓储笼,天津仓储笼,苏州仓储笼,南京仓储笼。南京货架,南京货架厂,南京货架公司|上海货架,上海货架厂,上海货架公司|无锡货架,无锡货架厂,无锡货架公司|苏州货架,苏州货架厂,苏州货架公司|北京货架,北京货架厂,北京货架公司|货架公司,北京货架公司,宁波货架公司|广州货架,广州货架厂,广州货架公司|服装货架,服装货架设计,广州服装货架|超市货架,北京超市货架,上海超市货架|仓储货架,北京仓储货架,上海仓储货架|托盘货架,重型托盘货架,托盘货架公司|货架厂,广州货架厂,北京货架厂|仓库货架,北京仓库货架,上海仓库货架|深圳货架,深圳货架厂,深圳货架公司|重型货架,次重型货架,成都重型货架|精品货架,北京精品货架,广州精品货架|天津货架,天津货架厂,天津货架公司|角钢货架,角钢货架厂,万能角钢货架|沈阳货架,沈阳仓储货架,沈阳货架公司|青岛货架,青岛货架公司,青岛仓储货架|轻型货架,北京轻型货架,角钢轻型货架|山东货架,山东货架厂,山东货架公司|杭州货架,杭州货架厂,杭州货架公司|中型货架,上海中型货架,广州中型货架|济南货架,济南货架厂,济南货架公司|郑州货架,郑州货架厂,郑州货架公司|展示货架,上海展示货架,产品展示货架|库房货架,货架厂,北京库房货架|武汉货架,武汉货架厂,武汉货架公司|河南货架,河南货架厂,河南货架公司|货架设计,仓库货架设计,货架设计公司|不锈钢货架,深圳不锈钢货架,上海不锈钢货架|阁楼货架,阁楼式货架,阁楼货架公司|移动货架,电动移动货架,北京移动货架|物流货架,上海物流货架,仓储物流货架|佛山货架,佛山货架厂,佛山货架公司|定做货架,杭州定做货架,天津定做货架|江门货架,贯通式货架,防静电货架|宁波货架,宁波货架厂,宁波货架公司|石家庄货架,石家庄货架厂,石家庄货架公司|重庆货架,重庆货架厂,重庆货架公司|河北货架,河北货架厂,河北货架公司|哈尔滨货架,哈尔滨货架厂,哈尔滨货架公司|悬臂货架,悬臂式货架|图书货架,广东图书货架,深圳图书货架|浙江货架,浙江货架厂,浙江货架公司|货架制作,北京货架制作,上海货架制作|西安货架,西安货架厂,西安货架公司|木托盘,上海木托盘,天津木托盘|北京塑料托盘,苏州塑料托盘,宁波塑料托盘|上海塑料托盘,广东塑料托盘,青岛塑料托盘|武汉塑料托盘,山东塑料托盘,南京塑料托盘|钢制料箱,折叠式料箱,网格式料箱|上海仓储笼,南京仓储笼,天津仓储笼|仓储笼图片,折叠仓储笼,折叠式仓储笼|北京仓储笼,广州仓储笼,宁波仓储笼|货架|托盘|料箱|仓储笼|手推车|登高车|置物架|垃圾桶