Tuesday, January 17, 2012

LET'S GET THINGS BACK TO NORMAL SHALL WE







Phew! And what a week that was. The little revolution that TRIED. A week when many Nigerians dared the government. We shall surely revisit that week. I bet there will be more interesting weeks ahead as we still have 40 months of Goodluck Jonathan's government. As we move on with life, I feel a sense of trepidation and wonder if the example of leadership shown this week is what we shall have to stomach the rest of those months. When I went to the ballot box in April 2011, I sure as hell did not get the memo that I was signing up for a promo: Vote 1 get 2 free, these being a Democracy, Cabal and Military rule. Perhaps this was just a fluke from panic at the sight of the crowds building at the protest points. Time will tell. Here's to the reset button on 2012 as the year only just started today for many of us.

No comments: