Friday, January 06, 2012

REST IN PEACE: TV JOURNALIST KEN WARD PASSES AWAY AT 44


It is with heavy heart that I write about the shocking death my former colleague, Ken Ward, whom I shadowed several times during my days at WTVD in Durham North Carolina.
Ken was a great guy and was super hilarious. He's one of the few that I had kept in touch with since I moved to Nigeria, even reuniting for drinks at one of the fairly recent NABJ conventions. Ken helped me immensely during my time at WTVD. From the very first day he walked in to the station, he was all smiles when he stepped up to the assignment desk to introduce himself. I always looked forward to going out into the field with him on reports because he never made it feel like work.
Ken was supposed to embark on a trip on Wednesday with his family to Tampa to begin a new job with ABC affiliate, after signing of from WSOC-TV Charlotte North Carolina on December 30. According to reports, he died that morning around 2.30am that day. The cause of death is still undetermined. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family....it is well!

Adieu Ken! Rest in Peace

Read more here


No comments: